Who does BrowseAloud help?
BrowseAloud is designed to help people with:
- Learning disabilities, such as Dyslexia
- English as a second language
- Low literacy
- Mild visual impairments
- 10-15% of the U.S. population with learning disabilities
- 18% of Americans for whom English is a second language
- 45+ million people in the U.S. with literacy problems
How does BrowseAloud help?
What can BrowseAloud read?
- Web page text
- Image “alt” text
- PDF documents
How does BrowseAloud work?
For the end user:
- Software is FREE
- One-time download and install
- Works on all “enabled” sites
- Customizable voices, colors & settings
- Free technical support
For the web site owner:
- NO software required
- Works on any site built with accessibility in mind
- Works with web sites, intranets, and virtual learning environments
- Works over regular or secure (https) connections
Who is using BrowseAloud?
- Over 3000 web sites in the U.S. and Europe
- Over 2.5 million users
MSF&W Accessibility Solutions