MSF&W Accessibility Toolbar
The MSF&W Accessibility Toolbar is designed to help in manually testing web pages for accessibility. It provides quick and easy access to the most important tools that we use in other leading toolbars, in the order in which we use them when we do accessibility audits.
- HTML - Submits the page to the W3C HTML Validation Service and shows the results.
- Headings - Lists all headings, their levels, and if and how they are hidden; highlights headings in the page.
- Lists - Highlights lists in the page.
- Abbr - Lists abbreviations (
abbr) and acronyms and their titles; highlights both in the page.
- Blockquotes - Highlights blockquotes in the page.
- Lang - Lists of any text with a
- Fonts - Highlights any text with absolute font sizes.
- Colors - Shows the page in grayscale.
- Images - Lists all images and their alt text; highlights images and replaces them with their alt text.
- Links - Lists all links and their
hrefvalues; highlights links on the page.
- Labels - Lists all form fields and their effective labels (legend, label, title, and/or value); highlights form fields in the page.
- Tables - Lists all data tables, their summaries, and headers for each cell; highlights all tables in the page.
- Scripts - Lists all script event handlers.
- Frames - Lists all frames and their titles.
- Reading Order - Shows the page as a screen reader would read it (without images, styles, and tables).
- Tab Order - Shows the focusable elements (links and form fields) from their in their tab order.
We are making the toolbar available freely to help you test your own web pages. But, as the lawyers say, "it is offered as is, without warranty of any kind and we can't be liable for any damages or other liability arising from its use".
Since the toolbar is still in "alpha" status, you may find bugs and other surprises. We would appreciate hearing how it works (or doesn't work) for you.
For questions, comments, or more information about the MSF&W Accessibility Toolbar, please email email@example.com or call (217) 698-3535 · (217) 698-1353 TTY.