As a member of the professional staff of MSF&W, you would receive a salary commensurate with your skills, experience, and prior earnings history. Consultants typically earn overtime pay for work beyond the normal 40 hour week. We pay twice a month, through direct deposit.
MSF&W has a 401(k) Plan available to employees after their first 90 days of employment. The plan allows for tax-free contributions to your choice of several funds from ADP. Merrill Lynch assists in selecting the funds and provides advisory services to our employees.
MSF&W subsidizes your health insurance through our group medical policy. We have an excellent group policy through Blue Cross/Blue Shield, with outstanding coverage, the best selection of physicians, and prescription cards. We also provide paid life insurance and offer group dental and disability insurance as employee-paid options.
Employees enjoy the benefits of our unique TimeBank system. New employees earn time off at the rate of 15 days per year. One additional day is granted per year of employment. TimeBank may be used for any purpose: vacation, illness, personal business, childcare, etc. Overtime may be credited to TimeBank for those employees wanting to take longer vacations.
Our regular seven paid holidays include: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, and Christmas Day.
Technical training is a regular part of the consulting program, in a variety of areas of specialization: networking, software engineering, database design and administration to name but a few. Employees are also eligible for college tuition reimbursement, based on prior approval.
Senior .NET Developer
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to become an integral part of our team! Excellent work/life balance, no travel, benefits galore! If you love coding, working with super-smart computer people, plus having time for friends and family, MSF&W is the place for you!
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs.
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code.
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs.
- Document all programming tasks and procedures.
- Perform routine software maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- At least 5 years' Web and Windows application development building scalable applications using C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC , and MS SQL Server.
- Solid SDLC, design principles and best practices with Agile or SCRUM methodologies.
- Entity Framework.
- Experience with Source Control (GIT, TFS, Vault).
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL and SQL Server.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Enterprise Data Architect
We are seeking an Enterprise Data Architect to become an integral part of our development team! You will design strategies for database systems as well as set standards for operations, programming and security.
- Design, organization and assessment of enterprise database structures, assuring that all enterprise database applications fit into a single documented enterprise data model that minimizes duplication of data.
- Design and construct large relational databases.
- Ensuring the optimum design, quality, performance, integrity, and reliability of relational database applications through the application of data modeling principles, practices and software tools.
- Integrate new systems with existing in-house structure.
- Refine system performance and functionality.
- Provide architecture guidance and support to technical leads.
- Research new technologies and develop proofs of concept.
- Five years of progressively responsible technical experience in database systems design, modeling and deployment.
- Strong working knowledge of project management, software management, in-depth engineering and data modeling processes and tools, software development methodologies and quality assurance.
- Experience specifically with current platform specific database architectures and associated development tools is highly desired.
- Previous experience in database architecture, development, or other related fields.
- Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Strong SQL and OLAP cube background.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
Technology Platforms / Tools and Languages
- T-SQL Language.
- SQL Management Studio.
- SQL Server Reporting Services.
- SQL Server Integration Services.
- SQL Server Analysis Services.
- OLAP Data Cube.
- Visual Studio.
- Performance Point/ProClarity.
Senior .Net Developer (Springfield, Illinois)
Develop and revise applications using a standard toolset of Microsoft products; conduct analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and user training for applications assigned by the Project Manager; analyze user requirements; develop technical specifications and design system requirements; develop complex user interfaces; algorithms or business processes that meet system and user requirements; test modifications and new systems to eliminate defects; design, develop and document system architecture including out of the box and custom components; and provide status reports relative to the progress of development efforts.